FUNCTIONS OF THE LEGAL UNIT IN THE FEDERAL CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
The functions of the Legal Unit of the Commission includes:
- Provision of legal representation in all civil matters affecting the Commission.
- Provision of legal advice/opinion on matters affecting the Commission.
- Initiation of court action(s) to assert the Commission right.
- Vetting of contract agreement involving the Commission.
- Participate in meetings both within and outside the Commission to defend and protect the Commission’s interest.
- Carry out administrative duties as assigned by the Commission:
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 2(3)(f) of the Freedom of Information Act, 2011 the Director Legal Services shall be the appropriate officer of the Commission to whom an application for information under the Freedom of Information Act shall be sent and whose address shall be:
Federal Civil Service Commission
No 3, Abidjan Street,
Wuse zone 3, FCT Abuja